Lightbox Publishing offers hands-on internships for college students and recent graduates. Our internship program provides the opportunity to learn about the operations of a communication and pr company specialized in contemporary art and to work alongside My Art Guides editorial staff on some of the most exciting international contemporary art exhibitions and events.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English. Knowledge of other languages would be an asset;
- Good knowledge in contemporary art;
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong writing skills;
- Ability to work and function in a creative and flexible environment;
- Attention to detail, good communication and interpersonal skills required;
- Ability to multi-task and work independently;
- Proficiency in Internet research and social networks;
All interns work on a volunteer basis for a full semester with a schedule determined by the Intern Supervisor. Only for 2013 the internship period will be from the 1st of March to the 10th of September.
The internship will be a good opportunity to live the exiting experience of the Venice Biennale.
Lightbox doesn’t provide housing. Upon request, we can provide accepted applicants with a list of residences, dormitories, and rooms for rent in Venice.
How to apply
All applications must include:
1. Cover letter
Explain your interest in working in the editorial field and the contemporary art world.
Include your CV specifying computer and language skills.
3. Writing sample
Include two to five journalistic articles demonstrating your writing ability.
Please send the above requested materials to email@example.com
Deadline for applications: 10th of February 2013
Include “My Art Guides Internship” in the subject line.
Due to the high number of applications we receive, we can only contact shortlisted applicants.